My cookie press doesn’t get pulled out much, but spritz cookies are the gateway to using it. These cookies are buttery-rich-goodness and quick to whip up for those holiday parties or just to have around for a snack. Bonus: you only use yolks in this recipe, so put those egg whites to good use and make some meringues as well!
Buttery Spritz Cookies
Yield: ~100 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour, sifted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (could substitute with hazelnut, almond, or more vanilla)
- food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg yolks and extracts.
- Mix in salt, then gradually add flour until well-combined.
- If using food coloring, do it after everything is combined. You can separate the dough into multiple chunks if using more than one color.
- Fill cookie press and place about 1/2″-1″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow to cool on pan for 3-5 minutes before moving to cool the rest of the way.
- Store in airtight container for 2-4 days and enjoy!